The Wedding

14:49 Unknown 0 Comments


(photo credits: Oana Dragan) - BEST BURNING MAN PHOTOGRAPHER 

Alright, here we go again... before I start/end I should say that - FINALLY after this "post" I think we can ACTUALLY retire and end with this "blog" (for now). 

Maybe its just a sign, maybe it was always meant to be this way...you know what they say: "best for last" we couldn't end without talking about the most special PLAYA event - Edan and Esther's Wedding (or vows renewal) however you would like to call it!! 

Jenny likes to call it the Wedding (she thinks that REAL WEDDINGS ONLY happen in the playa, anything outside playa world is just "not real") - I have to agree with her on this one, and must say she ACTUALLY makes sense, or I think she does! 

She says that the reason she thinks that way is because at the playa everything is just A LOT MORE INTENSE and therefore more REAL! (you know what I mean?) if yes, - GREAT, if no..whatever! hahahahaa

Anyway, what was I saying again? Right... 

Edan and Esther - ACTUALLY, Esther first, because I met her first :) So we met last year at the volley gala, well maybe I should stay focus and just talk about burning man episodes LOL - 
OK, TA BOM -  Edan AND Esther - Before I met them I knew I'd love them (its CASEY HOWELL'S BROTHER AND SISTER IN LAW, duh!). 


Our relationship is funny because I don't see/talk to them very often, but I've developed this special feeling (or way of loving) for them. I think its because I admire them as individuals and also the relationship they have, they know how to party and how to be parents, they know how to loose themselves and also how to find themselves, they are good together and separately, and also good for each other. Not everyday we see a couple like them! 

I remember hanging out with Esther at camp and she said she was happy where she was (she was with me, so of course she'd be happy lol), and that she was happy Edan was out enjoying it (what I am trying to say that she was trying to say IS: that she was happy she was not holding him back) - THIS IS REAL LOVE! Is love without jealousy, love without selfishness, its just wanting the other to be happy (regardless if spending time together or not). #beautiful :) 

Some people have parents that are still married, some people don't - my parents are divorced and Jenny is adopted. So we don't have the "perfect family picture frame" at home,  so whenever we se a marriage thats gone well (like the one you guys have) WE LOVE IT!! Because it makes us BELIEVE in it (you know what I mean?)! 

That was the FIRST TIME I ever attended I "vows renewal" ceremony (is that even a thing?) - ACTUALLY, I didn't just attend - I was the flower girl (don't know if its a big deal, BUT I THINK IT WAS A BIG DEAL, or it was a BIG DEAL for me) - SO THANK YOU FOR THAT!! 

I hope and wish that all the imaginary flowers I threw it in the air will bring you guys LOTS OF LOVE and LOTS of BURNING years together :) 

Maybe its a sign, maybe its just funny but last year I met this guy at burning man and his "playa gift" was to make you write a note to your self "in the future" so he could mail it to you (like 6 months after): your pic and your message to your self and this is what I wrote to my self: 

"Get Married at Burning Man or die Single!"

Because REAL WEDDINGS ONLY HAPPEN in the PLAYA!



This all may or may not make sense, if it does – GREAT!! If it doesn't… whatever they are all thoughts from a foam head anyways, you are all crazy for reading!



This may or may not be the last "post" - who knows!


0 comments: